• Sandra Bullock, who just picked up a SAG nomination for her work in Gravity, is in early talks to star in the comedy Our Brand Is Crisis for producers George Clooney and Grant Heslov. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’s Peter Straughan wrote a script based on a 2005 documentary about the use of American political campaign techniques in the 2002 Bolivian presidential election. EW’s Entertainer of the Year is currently voicing the lead role in The Minions, set for a July 2015 release. [The Wrap]
Tag: Tarzan (1-3 of 3)
Casting Net: 'Fruitvale Station' star Michael B. Jordan in talks for 'Independence Day' sequel; Plus, Christoph Waltz, more
• Michael B. Jordan, who broke out this year with his role in the critical favorite Fruitvale Station, is reportedly being eyed for a role in the sequel to 1996’s Independence Day, ID Forever Part 1, which takes place 20 years after the first film. Currently on the schedule for a July 3, 2015 release, the Roland Emmerich-directed sequel will likely find Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman reprising their roles from the original. [The Wrap]
Director David Yates shepherded the Harry Potter franchise through its final four installments. Now, one year after the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows–Part 2, Yates has nailed down his next project: A new film about Tarzan, Edgar Rice Burroughs’ ferocious tree-swinging wild man. A source close to the production has confirmed the initial report by Vulture that Yates is onboard to helm the new Tarzan. The character has a long cinematic history, from the silent movies through the Johnny Weissmuller era all the way to Disney’s animated Tarzan in 1999. David Yates’ Tarzan film comes fromWarner Bros, which also produced the Potter series. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Bet you didn't see THAT coming
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Maze Runner': How big at the box office?
- 'Star Wars': It's the Millennium Falcon...and the Batmobile?
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- 'Grey's Anatomy' cast poses as 'Orange Is the New Black' characters
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen on 'shocked, embarrassed, confused' Caleb
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites