The Expendables 3 hits theaters Aug. 15, but in the meantime, there are 16 character portraits to entertain you. The only thing that would make their message clearer – think of this as the ultimate summer popcorn movie! — is if there were a Real Genius-level explosion behind each of them. Who’s happiest in these posters? Let’s see. Then check out the new “roll call” trailer. READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Expendables 3 (1-9 of 9)
Casting Net: Kirsten Dunst goes for a 'Midnight Special'; Plus Charlotte Gainsbourg, Mel Gibson, more
• Kirsten Dunst has been acting for most of her life, and recently it seems she’s turning to more director-driven projects. These have seen varying degrees of critical and box office success, including Lars Von Trier’s Melancholia and Walter Salles’ On The Road, as well as the occasional raunchy comedy (Bachelorette) and cameo role (Anchorman: The Legend Continues). Now, Dunst is set to join director Jeff Nichols (Mud), as he re-teams with his Take Shelter star Michael Shannon in Midnight Special, about a father and son on the run. Details are scarce, but the report says that along the way, they discover that the 8-year-old son has some kind of special powers. Joel Edgerton (The Great Gatsby) also stars. [Deadline]
Bruce Willis may be out of The Expendables 3, but Sylvester Stallone continues to enlist reinforcements. In addition to adding Harrison Ford, Stallone confirmed today that Mel Gibson, who’d long been rumored to join the project, will in fact, play the bad guy in the upcoming sequel. Also coming aboard: Stallone’s Assassins co-star Antonio Banderas, who Stallone called “a consummate actor and a gentleman” in a statement announcing the news.
'Expendables 3' update: Harrison Ford is in, Bruce Willis may be out, and Sylvester Stallone is cranky
In further proof that the Expendables franchise is essentially a multimillion-dollar version of the box your parents threw all your old action figures into when they decided to turn your childhood bedroom into a study, Sylvester Stallone has tweeted that Harrison Ford is joining Expendables 3. Ford’s representatives confirm that the busy actor has joined the threequel’s ensemble cast, presumably as a character from Indiana who explicitly prefers to work “solo” and is secretly an android riding a unicorn, because nostalgia.
READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Topher Grace in talks to take on time travel in 'Interstellar'; Plus, Danny McBride joins Cameron Crowe pic, more
• Topher Grace (Spider-Man 3) is in talks to join Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar in a supporting capacity. Naturally, no details were given about the nature of the role, but we’re hoping this could be the beginning of a Topher Grace career reboot. He has a number of projects in the works including The Invitation with Zachary Quinto, The Calling with Susan Sarandon, and A Many Splintered Thing with Aubrey Plaza and Chris Evans, a.k.a. April and not Andy. [Deadline]
2014 may seem like a long time from now, but studios are already filling their slates and shifting around release dates for later this year and into next. Below, a few of the latest release date changes:
The Expendables 3, the latest in the Lionsgate franchise that has rounded up action heroes of the ’80s like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, is set for an Aug. 15, 2014 release, the same late summer weekend that the first two Expendables films opened in 2010 and 2012. Nicolas Cage, Wesley Snipes, Jackie Chan, and Milla Jovovich recently began final negotiations to appear in the threequel. READ FULL STORY
• Doctor Who alum Karen Gillan is bound for more space adventures in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, but this time not as a sidekick for the good guys. The Scottish actress will play a villain in the comic book-based movie — no more details have been revealed about her character. Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies) and Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead) will also play villains. Chris Pratt (Zero Dark Thirty) is set to play the lead, Star Lord. Prepping for a late June production start, Guardians of the Galaxy is scheduled for an Aug. 1, 2014 release date. [THR] READ FULL STORY
There has been talk of Nicolas Cage joining the cast of the third Expendables movie, but it’s not a done deal. “He’s interested, but we’re waiting for it to come together,” Cage’s manager tells EW.com. A Sunday post on a Sylvester Stallone Facebook page that is attributed to Stallone says Cage’s casting has been “confirmed.” A rep for Stallone could not verify who runs that page.
Latest Videos in Movies
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like