• Albert Brooks, known in the animated world for voicing the part of Marlin in Finding Nemo (and its upcoming sequel), will lend his voice to Paramount’s animated adaptation of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s The Little Prince. He’ll be joining James Franco, Jeff Bridges, Marion Cotillard, Benicio Del Toro, Rachel McAdams, and Paul Giamatti in the Mark Osborne-directed pic. [Deadline]
Tag: Willem Dafoe (1-6 of 6)
Willem Dafoe has made a career of playing sinister characters, whether it’s the Green Goblin, or the evil Rat in Fantastic Mr. Fox.
The Wisconsin native will be taking on a different kind of malicious character in the big-screen adaptation of John Green’s novel The Fault in Our Stars: the reclusive, ornery, alcoholic author Peter Van Houten whose book, An Imperial Affliction about a cancer stricken girl, has captivated Hazel Grace (Shailene Woodley).
The new trailer for Out of the Furnace drops us into the life of Russell Baze (Christian Bale): He works, he has a great girlfriend (Zoe Saldana), and he takes care of his sick father. A family man, Russell is thrilled when his brother (Casey Affleck) returns from active duty.
But his bro gets mixed up in a crime ring and goes missing, and Russell’s life quickly unravels. He must confront the leader of the gang, Curtis DeGroat (Woody Harrelson), and demand that his brother be set free.
Watch the action unfold, with shots of the film’s other stars, including Forest Whitaker and Willem Dafoe, as Russell goes on a desperate hunt to save his brother and put his life back together, all to the tune of Pearl Jam’s “Release.”
READ FULL STORY
If you want to bring down a crime ring, you have to start thinking like a criminal. Any good movie cop knows that, and Willem Dafoe’s Bud Carter is no exception.
In Bad Country, Bud Carter teams up with Matt Dillon’s Jesse Weiland, an incarcerated man with Aryan Brotherhood affiliations, to try to uncover a larger, more sinister organization plaguing the Bayou environs. “He’s the ticket to something big,” Bud tells his fellow cops. Bud needs Jesse, and Jesse just wants to get back to his wife (played by Amy Smart) and his kid, so he becomes an informant for the people who put him behind bars in the first place. There’s a hit list, a body count, and a number of exploding cars.
The 1983-set film is the directorial debut of Boondock Saints producer Chris Brinker, who died suddenly in February at the age of 42 while the movie, previously titled Whiskey Bay, was in post-production. Tom Berenger, Neal McDonough, and Christopher Denham also star.
With its mysterious plot, shifting allegiances, moody music, and mustachioed men with agendas, Bad Country looks like a fun tribute to late 70s and early 80s-era crime thrillers. The stakes are real, and so are the awesome Southern noir hats and pinstripe suits. Take a look at EW’s exclusive premiere of the trailer after the jump and let us know what you think.
Fox Searchlight has acquired Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel and is eyeing a late 2013/early 2014 release date, EW has confirmed. If you need 11 incentives to see the movie: Ralph Fiennes, Jason Schwartzman, Ed Norton, Jeff Goldblum, Saoirse Ronan, Adrien Brody, Harvey Keitel, Jude Law, Willem Dafoe, Bill Murray, and Owen Wilson are all in it.
Screen Daily first reported the news with this plot summary ”The Grand Budapest Hotel tells of a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars and his friendship with a young employee who becomes his trusted protégé. The story involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting, the battle for an enormous family fortune and the slow and then sudden upheavals that transformed Europe during the first half of the 20th century.”
‘Moonrise Kingdom’ director Wes Anderson would care about awards if …
25 Greatest Working Directors
Casting Net: Edward Norton versus Michael Keaton in ‘Birdman'; Plus Liam Neeson, Keri Russell, more
Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Martin Sheen pair up for Sept. 11 drama. Plus: Elizabeth Banks, Diane Kruger, Willem Dafoe
• Woody Harrelson and Martin Sheen are set to star in the drama September Morn, framed around the events of Sept. 11, 2001. B.J. Davis is directing from a screenplay by Howard Cohen. The movie revolves around a group that questions the independent investigation into the terrorist attacks. Harrelson has been making comic waves recently as a killer crime boss in the bloody comedy Seven Psychopaths.
• Comedic blondie Elizabeth Banks has signed on to star in the comedy Walk of Shame, about a news anchor who goes on a zany trek across Los Angeles after a booze-filled one-night stand. Filmmaker Steve Brill is helming the project from his own script. Banks has been on the rise thanks to her role as colorful Effie Trinket in The Hunger Games. The sequel The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is currently filming. [Variety] READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Jessica Lange's 'AHS: Freak Show' role: 'delusional, narcissistic, ruthless in her ambition'
- Valerie Cherish's return promises to be 'like 'Comeback' crack' for fans
- Fantastic Fest preview: Out-there movies, food fights, and co-founder's possible KO
- 'Making a Scene with James Franco': 6 new photos from movie mash-up series
- Andrew Rannells talks 'Hedwig,' 'Book of Mormon,' 'Girls'
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- 'Utopia' ratings plummet 752
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 517
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 481
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 339
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Tapestry Revealed