Madman genius Quentin Dupieux is best-known as the cult auteur behind Rubber, aka The Movie About the Killer Tire, and more recently Wrong, aka The Movie Where a Man Tries to Find His Dog and Also the World Is Insane. The upcoming Wrong Cops is a straightforward-by-comparison story about very bad policemen. The cast includes Eric Wareheim, Steve Little from Eastbound & Down, Ray Wise, and someone named Marilyn Manson. It looks very weird and very funny. The film hits theaters and VOD on Dec. 20, but you can watch an exclusive trailer of the insanity below:
READ FULL STORY
Tag: Wrong Cops (1-2 of 2)
With Golden Globe nominations finally out, the Sundance Film Festival is revealing more of its 2013 slate, including four more feature films announced Thursday: 1993 Robert Rodriguez favorite El Mariachi for the From the Collection screening, new music documentary Muscle Shoals, Michael Cera-starring Magic Magic in the Midnight movie section, and Los Angeles-based Wrong Cops as part of New Frontier designated films.
“With the addition of these four films, the 2013 Sundance Film Festival will present an even more well rounded program of independent films. Each adds to the festival in exciting, challenging and entertaining ways,” said the festival’s director John Cooper in a statement. The fest runs Jan. 17-27 in Park City, Utah, with the tally of feature-length films being presented now at 119, with 103 of them world premieres, and 27 in competition.
Here’s a quick look at the added movies, taken directly from Sundance’s own descriptions. The Sundance Collection at UCLA (The Collection), showcasing El Mariachi, is a film preservation program established in 1997 dedicated to movies supported by the Sundance Institute:
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'Party Down South 2' trailer: No sleep 'til Biloxi
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7, reportedly with huge raises
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 2'
- 'Survivor' recap: The price of rice is right?
- Jim Carrey nails McConaughey voice again: 'All I gotta do is let go of the illusion that I exist'
- Spider-Man fans, take a good long look at Marvel's latest Summer '15 teaser
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst and an exclusive deleted scene
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features